Simple activities to encourage language development!
Puzzles! Use a variety of puzzles to not only work on language but also simple problem solving skills. Choose a puzzle suited to your child's fine motor abilities (so they don't get frustrated trying to get the pieces to fit!).
As you work to complete the puzzles you can work on the following:
- Asking for help (purposely hide one of the pieces to see if they will ask for it)
- Describing the picture (after you are finished talk about the picture on the puzzle)
- Predicting (as you are completing the puzzle you can have them guess what it is going to be)
- Speech sounds (as you are talking about the puzzle model slow and clear speech)
- Narrative skills (make up a story about the picture on the puzzle)
Image by www.smartysymbols.com All rights reserved 2011-2015