Tuesday, May 8, 2012

The Lorax App Review
Enter to win (2 Copies available!)
See Rafflecopter in this post!

by Ocean House Media $4.99


We all know the how wonderful Dr. Suess books are for their rhyming, alliterative, and entertaining value! This book, The Lorax, is one of my favorites! I read this as a child and read it to my children now! It has an important message about the consequences of polluting and not conserving our environment!
Just like other Ocean House Media book apps, this book is completely interactive with three different settings (Read to Me, Read it Myself, and Auto Play).  All throughout the book you can touch objects and words and an audio is played. This is great when reading the book for word recognition and naming skills. You can check comprehension by asking kids to find things in the picture. They will receive feedback when they touch the item! Ocean House Media makes many different book apps by Dr. Suess as well as Little Critter, Five Little Monkeys, Berenstain Bears, and many more!
Check out their website for more information!
a Rafflecopter giveaway



I have had a lot more interest in this book since the movie came out this Spring! Many of my students had never heard of this amazing book! I have the original hardback version in my classroom! Thanks Ocean House Media for bringing this book alive!

3 comments:

  1. My favorite Dr. Suess book is Horton Hatches the Egg!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite book is Oh The Places You'Ll Go

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite Dr Seuss book is Oh The Places You'll Go. I saw a nifty idea on pinterest using this book. Basically, every year you have your child's teacher write something in the book and it is given to them at graduation. I don't have kiddos, but I think it is a great idea for those that have them beginning their educational career.

    ReplyDelete